You can turn to Plåt & Mekano Romator if you have high demands on your sheet metal products or on service and commitment from a contract manufacturer near Stockholm.
A modern industrial company with a family touch
P&M Romator is a family business in the mechanics industry. We have been working with contract manufacturing in sheet metal processing since 1975, when Plåt & Mekano in Täby was started by Christina and Rune Mauritzon. Romator, which was in Bandhagen, was acquired in 2010 and transferred with its many years of experience and machinery to Täby and merged with Plåt & Mekano.
The company has a family character where the owners are active in the company. It creates a commitment to the customer’s wishes; our entire organization is used to working from this customer perspective.
With us you get:
- proximity – local manufacturing in Täby
- quick response to your wishes / requests
- new technique
- more than 45 years of experience
Soft values as important as hard values
It is largely thanks to these soft values that P&M Romator in its collaborations with many Swedish and international industrial companies has created its reputation as a reliable and knowledgeable business partner. We also have many small and medium-sized customer companies that have given us the confidence to manufacture their products.
Experience and forward thinking
P&M has been involved for a long time and has seen technical conditions get better and better and has been involved in adapting it to our industry. We at P&M have had the privilege of building long-term relationships with our customers during an era marked by both strong economic conditions and bad times. The focus in the development has been to continue to streamline and adapt the business to today’s conditions and expectations.
- 1975 – Plåt & Mekano in Täby AB was founded
- 1985 – the first own premises were built on Eldarvägen 2
- 1990s – expansion in telecom from around 10 employees to 120 employees in 2000
Increase in sales from SEK 10 million to SEK 200 million in 10 years, a lot of telecom products.
ISO certifications 9000 and 14000. The property Eldarvägen 3 was built.
- 2000 – the property Eldarvägen 1 was inaugurated, with an office and production hall
- 2001 – IT crash and telecom race, cuts in installments
- 2001 – acquisition of Simens Elema’s sheet metal workshop
- 2008-09 – financial crisis and general downturn
- 2010 – acquisition of Romator in Bandhagen
- 2011 – 2014 – is part of the HSF Group
- 2012 – name change; Plåt & Mekano in Täby changes to Plåt & Mekano Romator
- 2012 – 2019 – the company has been gradually strengthened with continuous investments in machines such as 2 combi laser machines with charger, robotic edge press, grinding and deburring machine and edge press with integrated tool changer etc.
- 2020 – Corona pandemic causes demand and sales to fall by 40%
- 2021 – Order intake is normalized, and demand increases sharply, now the lack of materials is the biggest concern
Company brochure P&M Romator (SE)